Oras Group is a significant European provider of sanitary fittings: the market leader in the Nordics and a leading company in Continental Europe. The company’s mission is to create the smartest water experiences for everyone, and its vision is to become the Perfect Flow Company. The Group has two strong brands, Oras and Hansa. Oras Group is owned by Oras Invest, a family company, and an industrial owner.
The domicile of Oras Ltd, the parent company of the Group, is located in Rauma, Finland, and the Group has three manufacturing sites: Kralovice (Czech Republic), Olesno (Poland) and Rauma (Finland). The Group operates with its own staff in 20 markets. Oras Group's net sales were 226 million euros in 2020 and at the end of the period the company employed 1300 people.
For our entity in Olesno we are currently looking for candidates for the position of:
Manager, Process Technology
Job Description Summary
As Manager, Process Technology you will lead the team of 6 process engineers, supporting plant operations in the development, planning and execution of Continuous Improvement projects and activity. You will engage and collaborate with multiple functions (production, quality, technology, maintenance, finance) to achieve manufacturing process excellence. You will propose and develop metrics to control projects progress and apply correct lean tools.
This position has a key role in the company's efforts to meet the efficiency target; it requires proven lean experience with manufacturing industry background. This role also requires the person who is able to facilitate and drive change in fast growing and developing manufacturing environment, with strong interpersonal skills.
Manager, Process Technology reports to Plant Director
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead Process Engineering Team to implement and leverage best practices across the manufacturing process.
- Analyse processes and procedures of whole manufacturing process and internal supply chain within the plant.
- Identify opportunities, scope projects and track benefits to achieve productivity and quality growth across the whole manufacturing process.
- Demonstrate awareness, knowledge and guidance of Lean Manufacturing methods, Lean Manufacturing & Six Sigma principles, methodologies, and tools.
- Ensure appropriate metrics and KPI’s are created, developed, are in place and being utilized by company.
- Ensure Continuous Improvement culture and attitude is embedded into day-to-day practice.
- Positively lead teams and organization through change and development.
- Maintain departmental day-to-day process engineering activities; monitors and achieves KPI's and prioritizes assignments, workflow and scheduling of those activities.
- Collaborate with other internal stakeholders of the company.
- Stay up-to-date with developments in manufacturing process optimization.
- Identify strategic savings areas, creating savings projects portfolio.
- Lead value stream mapping, process flow and line balancing studies to identify bottlenecks and eliminate waste.
- Develop and write policies and procedures for manufacturing processes, information flow, product and material flow.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree with strong technical background.
- At least 5 years of experience in continuous improvement activities in manufacturing environment with proven results.
- Demonstrated understanding of Six-Sigma.
- Excellent understanding of continuous improvement concepts including Lean, value stream mapping and relevant methods and techniques.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to interact professionally with various teams
- Good command in English.
- Leadership experience.
- Taking own initiative and driving change with the team.
What we can offer you:
- High level of autonomy
- Possibility to contribute to the development of business strategy
- Opportunity to implement your own ideas Competitive salary
- Friendly and family atmosphere at work
- Opportunity for development in an international company
- Flexible working hours